Setup Eloqua Form Fields
1. Create a Form in Eloqua with registration fields
2. Include Hidden Fields for "eventid" and "key"
3. The values for eventid and key can be set either as static values which require setting up a new form for each webinar, or you can pass these values over from hidden fields on an Eloqua landing or post from an external form. The eventid and key can be pulled from the audience URL and these are unique per event: http://event.on24.com/wcc/r/eventid/key
Add Processing Step for Post Data to Server
1. Go to the Form Processing Steps and add Post Data to Server
2. For General Settings select Constant Value and add the URL https://event.on24.com/custom/client/eloqua/postreg.jsp
3. For the hidden fields eventid and key, change the Target Fields to "eventid" and "key". These are case sensitive.
4. If using the Eloqua Standard Fields in the table to the below, there is no need to configure Field Mappings other than the eventid and key
5. For custom mapping, edit the Target Fields using the ON24 Target Field values in the table below
The https://event.on24.com/custom/client...ua/postreg.jsp endpoint will automatically map the Eloqua Standard Fields below without the need to change the Target Field name to match the ON24 Target Fields. For any other fields, use the attribute names in the ON24 Target Field column.
|Eloqua Standard Fields||ON24 Target Field|
|Street Address 1||address_street1|
|Street Address 2||address_street2|
OPTIONAL: Redirect to ON24 from Eloqua Landing Page
If you want to immediately push an Eloqua registrant into a webinar, you can create an Eloqua landing page that registrants hit after registration which does an auto-redirect to ON24. In the landing page Tools > Page Snippet Tools > Open HTML Editor, you can add some code that grabs the person email token and redirects to the ON24 seamless registration URL.
On the setup for the post registration landing page, go to Tools > Page Snippet Tools > Open HTML Editor:
The code for this would include the event ID and key for the webinar, as well as a merge field for the contacts email address. See example below where you would replace the eventid and key from the audience URL (http://event.on24.com/wcc/r/xxxxx/yyyyy)
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=http://event.on24.com/interface/registration/autoreg/index.html?eventid=xxxxx&sessionid=1&key=yyyyy&deletecookie=true&email=<span class='eloquaemail'>EmailAddress</span>" />
This redirect would give immediate access to the webinar and only pass over the email address. When the Post Data to Server pushes the additional registrant data, the existing record with the same email address would get appended with the other data so you would still get the complete set of registrant information in ON24.