In your campaign canvas click on the ON24 Webinar Data app in the Campaign Steps > Audience section.
Once you double click on the application, a new instance will be created in the canvas. Wait for the app image to turn green and double click on the instance. Click on the edit button at the bottom right to configure the app.
NOTE: If there is a problem creating a new instance of the app, the icon will turn red.
The Event Details configuration page will prompt you to add the following:
- Client ID: Provided by ON24 CSM.
- Client Key: Provided by ON24 CSM.
- Event ID: If you are configuring the app for a single event, add the event ID from the ON24 Elite platform. If you are configuring the app to pull all ON24 account data into Eloqua, leave this field empty.
- Batch Job Interval: Frequency at which data will be updated.
Once you have added the Event Details, click Verify and Continue.
Field Mapping – ON24 Registrant Data to Contacts
Select the ON24 Fields from the left column to map to the Eloqua contact fields in the right column.
The ON24 “Email” will automatically map to the Eloqua contact field “Email Address”.
If you want to configure the feeder to map data into a custom object, move on to the next section. If you are only mapping ON24 registrant data to contacts, click on the Configure button and a green check mark will appear. At this point you can close the Cloud Feeder Configuration window.
Field Mapping – ON24 Registrant and Attendee Data to Custom Objects
The custom object that you will use to hold ON24 Registrant and Attendee data requires that you add the 2 below fields:
- Email Address: The app will automatically pull in the ON24 Attendee’s email address. In the Custom Object details section assign “Email Address” to the Email Address Field.
- Event User Id: The app will automatically pull in the ON24 Attendee’s unique identifier in the ON24 platform which is called the Event User Id. In the Custom Object details section assign “Event User Id” to the Unique Code Field.
NOTE: If you don’t see the custom object in the drop-down list of available custom objects, then the above field mapping was not configured correctly.
Select the custom object from the drop-down list. The ON24 Registrant and Attendee data is available in the drop-down options in the left-hand column, and the custom object fields are listed in the right-hand column.
NOTE: The Email Address and Event User Id fields are not shown as part of the field mapping as these fields are mapped automatically by app.
Click on the Configure button and a green check mark will appear. At this point you can close the Cloud Feeder Configuration window.